Sustainable Production Services
Selvavision follows the code of best practices in sustainable filmmaking while offering services that will lighten your project's footprint on our planet.
- Sustainable production consulting
- GRI standards based sustainability reporting and consulting
- Carbon-offset coordination
- Locally sourced, sustainable craft services
- Film set recycling and composting services
- Partnering with natural habitat restoration organizations
Selvavision has taken the 1% Pledge in order to further our commitment to giving back to our global community.
- 1% of annual profits donated to deserving environmental and social change organizations
- 1% of time spent volunteering for a local charity organization
- 1% of product offered in the form of one pro-bono call to action video per year
Selvavision makes charitable donations to non-profit organizations dedicated to habitat restoration around the world. Here are some of the organizations we support.
- Restore the Earth Foundation (habitat restoration along the Mississippi alluvial plain)
- GreenBelt Movement (founded by Nobel Prize winner Wangari Maathai, tree-planting in Kenya)
- Indonesian Rainforest Foundation (reforestation projects in Indonesia)
- Friends of the Urban Forest (local tree planting in San Francisco, where Selvavision is located)
Because we sometimes must fly to a destination to attend a film festival or work with a client, and often need to haul equipment in a motorized vehicle, Selvavision offsets carbon by planting seagrass through Seagrass Grow! (a project of The Ocean Foundation) because seagrass habitats can store up to 45 times more carbon than terrestrial forests. We also purchase carbon offsets that directly mitigate carbon emissions in California through Terrapass.