Greenwashing Smells Bad
Selvavision follows the code of best practices in sustainable filmmaking while offering services that will lighten your project's footprint on our planet.
- Reduced usage of fossil fuels during production
- Carbon offsetting
- Supporting local vendors and bolstering local economy
- Locally sourced, plant-based sustainable craft services
- Supporting women and people of color contractors and vendors
- Partnering with habitat restoration organizations
Selvavision has taken the 1% Pledge in order to further our commitment to giving back to our global community.
- 1% of annual profits donated to deserving environmental and social change organizations
- 1% of time spent volunteering for a local charity organization
- 1% of product offered in the form of one pro-bono call to action video per year
Selvavision partners with non-profit organizations dedicated to habitat restoration around the world through monetary and in-kind donations. Here are some of the organizations we support.
- Restore the Earth Foundation (habitat restoration along the Mississippi alluvial plain)
- GreenBelt Movement (founded by Nobel Prize winner Wangari Maathai, tree-planting in Kenya)
- Kaminando Habitat Connectivity Initiative (protecting biodiversity in Panama)
- Friends of the Urban Forest (local tree planting in San Francisco)
Because we sometimes must fly to a destination to attend a film festival or work with a client, and often need to haul equipment in a motorized vehicle, Selvavision offsets carbon by purchasing carbon offsets that directly mitigate carbon emissions in California through Terrapass. We also plant seagrass through Seagrass Grow! (a project of The Ocean Foundation).